*Ahem: 38 work days, but 52 total days have passed since I started whatever this is that I started. For those of you who don’t know, I quit my retail job to focus on my jewelry-making and painting. I’m still figuring it out. I suppose I need to get used to choosing a good attitude when I feel like I’m in the middle of that cringe-inducing “figure-it-out-mode.” I just want to work things out sooooo fast so I can be done feeling inept and get on with feeling awesome instead.
If we’re honest, aren’t we all clueless all the time, about mostly everything? If our sense of hope and security is found in knowing everything we want to know and conquering everything we try, then boooyyyyy are we in trouble. There are a great many things I want to know, understand, accomplish, and become when I grow up:
- I want to be a metalsmith and painter who actually sells stuff. To complete strangers.
- I want to know how to cure liver disease, and cancer, and comparison, and selfishness, and poverty, and “selfies.” And that awkward stage of life from age 9 to 26 – because that’s how old I am and it never went away. :/
- I want to be a photographer, a darn good one.
- I want to be 100% ultra-super-awesome-perfect at loving people.
- And more recently, I’ve decided that I want to be a farmer. A snooty one, who only grows organic, non-gmo, pesticide-free crop and drinks non-pasteurized milk and juices.
- (And…. I want to look kinda pretty doing all that stuff.)
Those are, for the most part, good things to want. But Lord help me if I want those things more than they should be wanted. More than I want to align my mind with that of the Creator of all truth and goodness and purpose.
So, self, remember: Out of all the possibilities of what you can do, or be, or know, or accomplish…. only ONE is an occupation of eternal weight, and that is my identity as a follower of Christ. Cultivate that, and all the rest will fall into place as it should. Even if I still feel cringy-anxious from time to time.
**My Job: As for my job…. Well I could use some help here too. I sell my items on Etsy, and I need to boost traffic and sales. Can y’all help? Re-pin my items on Pinterest, follow me on Instagram, like me on Facebook, and favorite my shop and/or items on Etsy! Somewhere to the right of this post that you’re so graciously reading, there are cute little buttons you can click on to do all of the aforementioned things. Oh man, you’re great. Thank you. =]
And here is another picture of something random in my shop, because a “successful” blog post contains at least one picture or everyone gets bored and quits reading:
Okay fine, here’s another one: